Sitagliptin & Metformin Tablets – Cardicruz has made available Sitagliptin and Metformin Tablets under the branding of “SitabravTM M 500” which is a combination medication used to treat type 2 diabetes. Sitagliptin belongs to a class of drugs called dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitors, which work by increasing the levels of incretin hormones in the body. Incretin hormones help to regulate blood sugar by stimulating the release of insulin and decreasing the production of glucagon, a hormone that raises blood sugar levels.
Metformin, on the other hand, belongs to a class of drugs called biguanides, which work by reducing the production of glucose in the liver and improving the body’s sensitivity to insulin. Together, Sitagliptin and Metformin Tablets help to control blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes by increasing insulin secretion and decreasing glucose production.
The dosage to be given of this medicine is based on the patient’s blood sugar levels and other factors such as kidney function. The medication can cause some side effects, including nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and headache. It is important for patients to monitor their blood sugar levels regularly while taking this medication and to inform their healthcare provider of any changes or concerns.
Working Mechanism Of Sitagliptin & Metformin Tablets
Being a very good medicine for treating treat type 2 diabetes, the way by which this medicine works is very clear as mentioned below:
- Sitagliptin works by inhibiting the activity of DPP-4, an enzyme that breaks down incretin hormones in the body.
- By inhibiting DPP-4, Sitagliptin helps to increase the levels of incretin hormones, which stimulate the release of insulin and reduce the production of glucagon.
- Metformin works by reducing the production of glucose in the liver and improving the body’s sensitivity to insulin.
- By reducing glucose production and improving insulin sensitivity, Metformin helps to lower blood sugar levels.
- Together, Sitagliptin and Metformin Tablets work to control blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes by increasing insulin secretion and decreasing glucose production.
Safety Tips For SitabravTM M 500
There are some basic as well as some special precautions that need to be kept in mind while making use of this medicine otherwise it can cause some kind of issues for the user. Have a look at them.
- The medication should not be used to treat type 1 diabetes or diabetic ketoacidosis.
- Patients should inform their healthcare provider if they have a history of pancreatitis or if they are experiencing severe abdominal pain.
- The medication should be used with caution in patients with kidney or liver disease, as it may increase the risk of lactic acidosis.
- Patients should inform their healthcare provider of any other medications they are taking, as they may interact with Sitagliptin and Metformin Tablets.
Possible Side Effects Of Sitagliptin & Metformin Tablets
Every medicine when taken in the wrong manner or quantity can cause some kind of issues in any individual. The possible side effects of using it are as follows:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Urinary tract infection