Sitagliptin Tablets – coming under the branding of “SitabravTM 50” is Sitagliptin a medication used to treat type 2 diabetes. The active ingredient in Sitagliptin Tablets is sitagliptin, which belongs to a class of drugs called dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitors. DPP-4 inhibitors work by increasing the levels of incretin hormones in the body.
Incretin hormones help to regulate blood sugar by stimulating the release of insulin and decreasing the production of glucagon, a hormone that raises blood sugar levels. By increasing the levels of incretin hormones, Sitagliptin Tablets help to control blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes. The dosage of the medication is determined by the patient’s blood sugar levels and other factors such as kidney function.
Working Mechanism Of Sitagliptin Tablets
Have a look at the way by which the medication Sitagliptin Tablets works:
- Sitagliptin works by inhibiting the activity of DPP-4, an enzyme that breaks down incretin hormones in the body.
- By inhibiting DPP-4, Sitagliptin helps to increase the levels of incretin hormones, which stimulate the release of insulin and reduce the production of glucagon.
- This results in lower blood sugar levels, which helps to control type 2 diabetes.
Safety Tips For SitabravTM 50
There are some basic precautions that need to keep in mind by the individual making use of these medicines which are as follows. If not kept in mind, it can cause some other issues in many people which are given below:
- The medication should not be used to treat type 1 diabetes or diabetic ketoacidosis.
- Patients should inform their healthcare provider if they have a history of pancreatitis or if they are experiencing severe abdominal pain.
- The medication should be used with caution in patients with kidney or liver disease, as it may increase the risk of lactic acidosis.
- Patients should inform their healthcare provider of any other medications they are taking, as they may interact with Sitagliptin Tablets.
Possible Side Effects Of Sitagliptin Tablets
There are some basic side effects that can be faced by some individuals in some cases when not taken in a proper quantity. Have a look at some of the possible side effects that one can face while making use of it.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Urinary tract infection