Vildagliptin and Metformin Tablet- Vidocruz M 500 is the combination of two drugs Vildagliptin and Metformin, where metformin and vildagliptin. Metformin is a diabetes medication (biguanide). It works by decreasing glucose production in the liver, delaying glucose absorption from the intestines, and increasing insulin sensitivity in the body. Vildagliptin is a DPP-4 inhibitor that works by increasing pancreatic insulin release while decreasing blood sugar-raising hormones. This lowers fasting and postmeal sugar levels. They work together to improve blood sugar control.
|Therapeutic Class||Antidiabetic combination|
|Chemical Class||DPP-4 inhibitor + Biguanide|
|Habit Forming||Non-habit forming medication|
|Action Class||Regulates glucose metabolism|
Uses of Vildagliptin and Metformin Tablet
Vildagliptin and Metformin Tablet’s using Direction
- Vildagliptin and Metformin Tablets are two medications that work together to lower your blood glucose levels in different ways.
- Lowering blood glucose levels is an important part of diabetes management. Controlling your blood glucose level lowers your risk of developing any of the serious complications of diabetes, such as kidney damage, eye damage, nerve problems, and limb loss.
- Furthermore, proper diabetes management can lower the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Taking this medication on a regular basis, along with a healthy diet and exercise, will allow you to live a normal, healthy life. You should continue to take this medication for as long as it is prescribed because it is safeguarding your future health.
Precaution to use of Vildagliptin and Metformin Tablet
- This medication is not appropriate for everyone. Before taking it, tell your doctor if you have ever had kidney, liver, or heart disease, pancreas problems, or if you consume a lot of alcohol.
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should also consult their doctor before taking this medication. Some other medications may interact with this one, so tell your doctor about all of your medications to ensure your safety.
- You should avoid drinking alcohol because it lowers blood glucose levels. Before and during treatment, your doctor will monitor your kidney function and blood sugar levels.
Possible Side Effects of Vildagliptin and Metformin Tablet
This medication’s most common side effects are diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, upset stomach, headache, and sore throat. Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) is a possible side effect if you are also taking other diabetes medications such as insulin or sulphonylurea, so you must be aware of it and know how to deal with it.
FAQs Related to Vildagliptin 50mg & Metformin 500mg Tablets
Q1): Can these tablets be used by children?
Vildagliptin 50mg & Metformin 500mg Tablets are generally not recommended for children unless specifically prescribed by a pediatrician. The dosage and usage instructions for children may differ from those for adults, and a doctor’s guidance is essential.
Q2): What are the side effects of Vildagliptin 50mg & Metformin 500mg tablets?
While using Vildagliptin 50mg & Metformin 500mg tablets you might face multiple side effects including nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and stomach upset. Liver damage, pancreatitis, and lactic acidosis are some serious side effects of using Vildagliptin 50mg & Metformin 500mg tablets.
Q3): Can these tablets be used for type 1 diabetes?
Vildagliptin 50mg & Metformin 500mg Tablets are specifically intended for the treatment of type 2 diabetes and should not be used for type 1 diabetes. Type 1 diabetes requires insulin treatment, and patients should follow their doctor’s recommendations for managing their condition.
Q4): How do I take Vildagliptin 50mg & Metformin 500mg Tablets?
These tablets should be used as prescribed by your healthcare professional. Typically, the tablets are taken orally with a glass of water. Intake of Vildagliptin 50mg & Metformin 500mg Tablets with or just before meals maximizes their effectiveness in controlling blood sugar levels.