Dapagliflozin Tablets 10mg
An oral drug called dapagliflozin is used to treat diabetes. It is a member of the group of drugs known as sodium-glucose cotransporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibitors.
Dapagliflozin functions by preventing the kidneys’ usual ability to reabsorb glucose back into the circulation, from doing its regular job. Dapagliflozin lowers blood sugar levels by allowing more glucose to be eliminated in the urine by inhibiting this protein. Dapagliflozin is typically started at a dosage of 5 mg once daily, and if necessary and tolerated, it may be raised to 10 mg once daily. In the morning, it is often taken with or without meals. While taking dapagliflozin, it’s critical to adhere to the dosage recommendations provided by your doctor and to often check your blood sugar levels.
How Do Dapagliflozin Tablets work
The kidney’s sodium-glucose cotransporter 2 (SGLT2) protein is what Dapagliflozin Tablets 10mg do. Reabsorbing glucose into circulation is carried out by this protein. Dapagliflozin inhibits glucose from being reabsorbed into circulation by inhibiting this protein, allowing glucose to be eliminated instead through the urine. This procedure causes the level of glucose in the blood to drop, which can assist those with diabetes in managing their blood sugar levels.
Dapagliflozin may aid in promoting weight reduction and decreasing blood pressure in persons with type 2 diabetes in addition to lowering blood glucose levels. This is because glucose excretion in the urine results in a decrease in total calorie intake, which can aid in weight loss, and a reduction in the quantity of salt reabsorbed by the kidneys, which can aid in lowering blood pressure.
How to use Dapagliflozin Tablets
You must take Dapagliflozin Tablets 10mg precisely as directed by your doctor. The usual beginning dose is 5 mg once a day, and if necessary and well tolerated, the amount can be raised to 10 mg once daily. In the morning, it is often taken with or without meals.
Dapagliflozin must be used regularly to be the most effective. Take the missed dosage as soon as you recall it if you miss it. If your next dosage is approaching, skip the missed one and go on with your usual dosing regimen. To make up for a missing dosage, do not take a second dose.
While using dapagliflozin, it’s crucial to periodically check your blood sugar levels as recommended by your doctor.
By doing so, you may make sure your blood sugar is being adequately controlled by the medicine and change the dosage as necessary.
While taking dapagliflozin, you should also consume a lot of water to avoid dehydration. If you notice any odd side effects while taking dapagliflozin, such as increased thirst, dry mouth, or dizziness, it’s crucial to consult your doctor.
To successfully manage your diabetes, it’s crucial to keep up with any additional treatment suggestions made by your doctor, including those regarding dietary and lifestyle modifications, consistent exercise, and other medications.
Precautions while using Dapagliflozin Tablets
The medical history you have, including any allergies, kidney, liver, heart, or bladder infections, as well as any other illnesses you may have, should be discussed with your doctor before using Dapagliflozin Tablets
Following are some general safety measures to follow when using Dapagliflozin Tablets:
- Dehydration: Dapagliflozin may cause you to generate more pee, which might result in dehydration. Drink lots of fluids when taking dapagliflozin and steer clear of binge drinking to help prevent dehydration.
- Dapagliflozin may make it more likely for patients to develop vaginal yeast infections and urinary tract infections. These infections can cause itching or discharge from the genitalia, frequent urine, discomfort or burning when urinating, and frequent urination. It’s crucial to consult your healthcare practitioner.
- Hypotension: When used with other drugs that decrease blood pressure, dapagliflozin can result in a reduction in blood pressure. While taking dapagliflozin, it’s crucial to periodically check your blood pressure and let your doctor know if you encounter any low blood pressure symptoms like lightheadedness or dizziness
- Dapagliflozin may raise your chance of developing ketoacidosis, a dangerous illness that can put you in a coma or cause your death. Nausea, vomiting, stomach discomfort, exhaustion, and breathing difficulties are possible symptoms. If you encounter any of these symptoms, get help right once.
- Surgery: If you intend to undergo surgery, let your doctor know that you are taking dapagliflozin. You may need to temporarily stop taking the drug before the operation.
Side effects of using Dapagliflozin Tablets
Dapagliflozin Tablets 10mg can have negative effects, although not everyone will as with any drug. Dapagliflozin’s typical adverse effects might include:
- more frequent urination
- reduced blood pressure
- Unsteadiness or faintness
- heightened thirst
- elevated cholesterol levels Genital or urinary tract yeast infections
- nausea and diarrhea
Rarely, major adverse effects from dapagliflozin might also include:
When the body creates a lot of blood acids called ketones, it can lead to a dangerous illness called ketoacidosis. difficulties with the kidneys, such as acute kidney damage and deteriorating chronic renal disease Serious allergic responses such as face, lip, tongue, or throat swelling or breathing difficulties Low blood sugar, especially when combined with other blood sugar-lowering medicines. Consult a doctor right away if you suffer any of these significant side effects.
It is crucial to discuss any worries or queries you may have with your healthcare practitioner regarding the potential dangers and advantages of dapagliflozin, as well as any potential side effects or interactions with other drugs you may be taking.
FAQs Related to Dapagliflozin Tablets
Q1) Who should avoid Dapagliflozin?
Individuals with severe kidney problems, those with a history of hypersensitivity to the drug, and pregnant or breastfeeding individuals should avoid it.
Q2) Can I drink alcohol while taking Dapagliflozin?
Alcohol consumption should be discussed with a healthcare provider, as it can affect blood sugar levels and increase the risk of dehydration.
Q3) When will I start seeing the effects of Dapagliflozin?
Blood sugar improvements might be noticeable within a few weeks, but individual responses vary.
Q4) What should I do if I miss a dose of Dapagliflozin?
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember on the same day. If it’s close to the next day’s dose, skip it and continue as scheduled.
Q5) Can Dapagliflozin be taken during pregnancy or while breastfeeding?
It’s important to consult a healthcare provider before using Dapagliflozin during pregnancy or breastfeeding.