Dapagliflozin & Metformin Hydrochloride Tablets – coming under the branding of “Diglifto-M 500” is the fusion of Dapagliflozin & Metformin Hydrochloride is a combination medication used to treat type 2 diabetes. The two active ingredients in this medication, dapagliflozin and metformin hydrochloride work together to control blood sugar levels. Dapagliflozin belongs to a class of drugs called sodium-glucose cotransporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibitors, which work by blocking the reabsorption of glucose by the kidneys.
Metformin hydrochloride is a biguanide that works by reducing the amount of glucose produced by the liver and improving insulin sensitivity. The dosage to be taken of this medication is determined by the patient’s blood sugar levels and some other factors like kidney function. It is important for patients to monitor their blood sugar levels regularly while taking this medication and to inform their healthcare provider of any changes or concerns as otherwise, it can lead to some other kind of problem later on.
Working Mechanism Of Dapagliflozin & Metformin Hydrochloride Tablets
The unique fusion of both the formulation in this medicine works very well to help the individual get rid of issues such as type 2 diabetes and much more. Have a look at how it works:
- Dapagliflozin works by blocking the reabsorption of glucose by the kidneys, causing glucose to be excreted in the urine.
- Metformin hydrochloride works by reducing the amount of glucose produced by the liver and improving insulin sensitivity.
- Together, these two medications help to control blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes.
Safety Tips For Diglifto-M 500
Experts have carefully created the combination under the medicine “Diglifto-M 500”, still it can cause some common side effects in many individuals that can’t be overlooked. Have a look at some of the precautions that need to be kept in mind while making use of Dapagliflozin & Metformin Hydrochloride Tablets.
- The medication should not be used to treat type 1 diabetes or diabetic ketoacidosis.
- Patients should inform their healthcare provider if they have a history of kidney or liver disease, as the medication may increase the risk of lactic acidosis.
- The medication may increase the risk of genital yeast infections or urinary tract infections in some patients.
- Patients should inform their healthcare provider of any other medications they are taking, as they may interact with this medicine.
Possible Side Effects Of Dapagliflozin & Metformin Hydrochloride Tablets
There are some common side effects of using these medicines that can’t be overlooked in any circumstance whatsoever happens.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)
- Genital yeast infections or urinary tract infections
- Increased urination
FAQs Related to Dapagliflozin & Metformin Hydrochloride Tablets
Q1) Can I use these tablets with other diabetes medications?
Yes, these tablets can be used alone or in combination with other diabetes medications as advised by your doctor.
Q2) Can I drink alcohol while taking these tablets?
It’s advisable to consult your healthcare provider, but moderate alcohol consumption might be acceptable for some individuals.
Q3) How do these tablets work?
Dapagliflozin helps the kidneys remove excess glucose from the body, while Metformin reduces the liver’s glucose production and improves insulin sensitivity.
Q4) Can I take these tablets if I have kidney problems?
It’s important to consult a healthcare professional; they will determine if the dosage needs adjustment based on kidney function.
Q5) What should I do if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it’s close to the next dose, skip the missed one and continue with the regular schedule.